Those were some of the questions that get posed each Friday morning as I gather with other ministry leaders and get into some of the devotional verses that we have personally used during the past week.
Here are a sampling of questions from our various Bible reading and prayer times:
- 2 Corinthians 6:14-16a: To what idol are you yoked that you have been trying to justify?
- 2 Samuel 6:5-15: How has the Lord brought to your attention that you have not been treating Him with the reverence and celebration that He rightly deserves?
- 1 Kings 21:1-26: How have you acted like Ahab in your relationship with your wife/fiancee/girlfriend?
- Psalm 69:9-13: In what ways have you waited upon the Lord (or not)?
- Acts 17:24-28: When was the last time you took a breath and thanked the Lord for the gift of that breath?
- Hebrews 10:11-14: How often do you seek to secure your standing before God based upon your “doing” instead of resting in the once for all sacrifice of Jesus?