- There are almost 2 million single dads raising kids in the U.S.
- About 24 million children do not live with their biological father.
- In 1965, dads spent about 2 1/2 hours a day with their child; today, dads spend about 6 1/2 hours with their child daily.
- 70% of Americans believe that a father’s absence from the home is the most significant problem facing our country today.
- Even in high crime neighborhoods, 90% of children from stable 2 parent homes where the father is involved do not become delinquents.
Stats and article originally by Elise Hilton in 5 Facts About Fatherhood in the United States for Father’s Day