How to Backslide this Summer in 9 Easy Steps:*
2. Neglect your devotional times in the Word & prayer.
3. Allow yourself to enjoy some small, sinful pleasures.
4. Isolate yourself from Christian fellowship in action & attitude.
5. Stop serving in your local church.
6. Stop going to church.
7. Determine that Christians are hypocrites because they
continue to sin.
8. Trade Christian community for distinctly unChristian company.
9. Pursue rebellious & destructive conversation and fellowship.
Rather, Grow in the Grace of God:
And now I commend you to God and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up and to give you the inheritance among all those who are sanctified. (Acts 20:32 ESV)
But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen. (2 Peter 3:18 ESV)
*Modified from a post on Challies.com