- Earth’s crammed with heaven,
- And every common bush afire with God;
- But only he who sees, takes off his shoes,
- The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.
- -Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- We live in a world that cries out the glories and imagination of God. All of creation declares His handiwork (Romans 1:19-20; Psalm 19:1). If we would simply pause. Stop. Clear our minds from the clutter and tasks of the day. If we would start looking upon the world around us we would begin to see the masterpiece of creativity and natural engineering that our Creator has put into every blade of grass, every snowflake, and every living creature. Praise and glory would ascend to the heavens to Jesus Christ – the One by whom, through whom, and for whom all things were created (Colossians 1:15-16).
- If we do not pause, then we will go right on through life using the creation and enjoying creation, but never realizes the amazing One who gifted us His creation for our care and use. Rather than seeing the Beauty that the world is pointing us toward, we will ignorantly sit around eating blackberries.